Thursday, March 15, 2012

The 6 Best Things About Being A Mom

That "OMG" moment
(when I realized I was a Mom of two!)


1) I finally have something in common with my Mom. I don't know about your relationship with your Mom but for me and mine... Let's put it this way, we've had our differences. Since I've had kids there has always been something we connect on. She loves to give me advice and I love to ignore it. But I know her heart is in the right place, and I love her for it.


2) I can blame most stains and my lax housekeeping on the progeny.  Martha does not live here. So when people come to visit the toys, laundry and mysterious wetness can easily be explained by the little cherubs being underfoot. As far at the coffee stains on my jacket, well I will take partial blame for that.

3) There are at least 2 people in the world who think it's 1/2 normal to dance and sing whenever one is stuck at a red light. I know I have my eccentricities and car dancing is one of them. However as far as K-dog, and Princess-A know, I am perfectly normal. I'm sure I'll embarrass them one day but until then, "Pump up the Jams".

Mom's (I mean the kids') sandbox
4) I almost always have crayons & Clif bars in my purse. I'm not known for being the most organized person in the world, but I've had to get it together a bit for my little ones. The thing is, I love art supplies, and who doesn't need a snack form time to time. Being a Mom means having the magic purse that seems to always produce a wipey, granola, or distraction when needed. Even if I'm the one who needs it.

5)  I get to design  sandboxes. I love learning to use my creativity in new ways. I mean, I never knew how many pop song could be turned into potty training ditties. My children stretch my imagination every day.  The sandbox was just the first, I'm wishing for a fairy fort and hopefully they'll let me sit in with the garage band from time to time.

6) My kids! Pardon me for saying so, but I have the best little ones that anyone could hope for. Mysterious wetness, the mommy wars and sleep deprivation aside they bring enormous joy to my life. I wouldn't be who I am without them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...