Wednesday, January 11, 2012

You Still Have Time to Make This for Dinner: Vegetarian

Sorry, it's so yummy, I forgot to take the pic first :)
Not only is this quick, it isn't even home made. Basically you warm up your favorite canned soup. What makes this a special meal around our house in the cold winter evenings is the CHEESY BREAD!  It was the only thing K-dog requested for his 5th birthday dinner.

I used to make grilled cheese to go with soup, but I'm not really good at cooking things on the stove without burning them so I've started making a sort of Bruchetta, but with cheese instead.
  • Preheat oven to about 350 (400 if your in a hurry.)
  • I melt about a tablespoon of  butter and add about the same amount of olive oil for a nice loaf of french bread.Let the kid brush/ drizzle this mixture on sliced bread
  • Sprinkle with garlic and herb seasonings, fresh herbs are nice but not essential.
  • and of course CHEESE! (and by cheese I mean whatever cheese you like or have or can borrow from the neighbors.
 I pop it in the oven, and heat up the soup on the stove. Its usually all ready at the same time, if you add some salad it's even a balanced meal.

Not what you have a taste for tonight?  See my other Dinner (now)  post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...