Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Winter, Working & Big Orbit Member Show

Winter doesn't seem to have them down at all.

Winter

We survived the holidays! We are just a few days away from the mid-point of winter. For the first time  I had the thought, "Gee, spring would be nice." I do tend to a little seasonal blues, I do live in Buffalo but I've been painting some, spending time with friends, keeping generally busy. All in all not doing too bad.




 look ma, it's architecture!

Work

Speaking of busy. I've been working for the last  7 months (and clearly not updating my blog). It feels so good to be back out in the "real world"; even if I absolutely hate getting up in the mornings. I've often written about achieving balance in life and I'm definitely working on that right now. I do miss the rhythms of being a stay-at-home mom, but at the same time a lot of that was not working well for me either.  I missed adults, working, leaving the house every day. I also really resented the assumption that since my childcare role meant I was at home most of the day, that I was supposed to take on all of the housework as well. I am not a domestic goddess, now that I'm working again I get to spend a little more time doing something I really good at.

Needless to say the entire family has been adjusting to our new dynamic.  I have given up on the idea that I will ever work the 50+ hours per week that I did BC (before children). My son and daughter seem to be thriving in school. K started full day kindergarten and A still at the Waldorf pre-school. And my dear husband, has started reading my old blog post for dinner recipes.




Big Orbit Member Show

Now the really reason I wanted to post today is because I've once again submitted some artwork to the Big Orbit Member show and wanted to give you the particulars:


Art
(for sale even)
at BIG ORBIT

Big Orbit Member Show

22nd Annual
Members' Exhibition
February 2 - March 9, 2013

opening reception:

Saturday, February 2 from 8 - 11 p.m.


Usually there's a wide range of visual and sculptural art from Buffalo creatives, I've never been disappointed.  I will be out of town for the opening but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...