Wednesday, August 3, 2011

You still have time to make this for dinner (vegan)

 
It's rare but it's 3pm and I know what we're having for dinner tonight. I'm sharing this because you still have time to make this for tonight as well!  Here's a link to the recipe: Vegan Quinoa Salad.  This one dish meal has something for everyone, and works well as a picnic side too (no pesky mayo to keep you up at night).  I always forget how much every one loves this dish but fortunately DH made the request. It calls for cukes, bell peppers, tomatoes and broccoli and of course quinoa.  I have in the past substituted for each of these ingredients (i even accidentally made it with cous cous, and it was still very good. Its' 15 min. on the stove and a while to chill, but if you don't put the veggies in right away you can chill the cooked grain in the freezer for quick summer supper that even my DS will eat. Aside from looking yummy quinoa is a source of complete protein and other nutrients ==>Nutrition Facts Here<==; and if you don't really feel like cooking and just want some colorful history associated with it ==>Quinoa on Wikipedia here<==
fresh cukes

uncooked quinoa from bulk section
 

the worlds easiest dressing


BTW: this is my 100th post, but that's counting the one that DD made from my phone by accident. Anyway I'm thinking of revamping and renaming this site so look for coming changes. And some more frequent post as well!

What are you having for dinner tonight? Because I have no idea what I'm making for Thursday.

5 comments:

Prettypuff1 said...

This is April and I will try this.

Baby Shower Favors said...

This is called a healthy food.will try it.

Unknown said...

Great summer food! Let me know how it comes out.

Sandra Kohlmann said...

I can't wait for summer, to be able to make this salad. I am so excited. Every recipe on the Meatless Monday blog hop has looked incredible so far! Thanks for joining in!

Unknown said...

We're vegetarian, and the cold weather really gets me to slather on the butter and cheese. So thus was the only vegan dinner (now!) post I had lined up. I guess it's time to get back to the kitchen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...